Monday, December 6, 2010

Parting Words

Let me tell you a story. This is based on my own experience. It all started when I was 16 years old. While playing outside the park in San Diego, I met a boy. It was just an average guy of a child, however, there is something unique about him.
It was so peaceful. Every time I tell a story, just looks at me and say nothing. Until one day, I told him about the man who broke my heart. He just comforted me and told me that “harm is part of being loved.”

Our high school graduation approached and we were excited to go to college. Everything was ready. My mom just visit a wholesale fashion store to buy my prom dress, my dad came home for the celebration, graduation party was all set.
On the day of graduation, he failed to appear. I called his house but nobody answered. The ceremony was about to end, when I got the news. He got into an accident and died immediately.

My world collapsed, I forgot my prom, I forgot to college. It was the only thing keeping me sane these years, and now I lost it.
After the funeral, his mother gave me her journal. Scraped and worn and some pages were still loose. Page after page, the tears flowed from my eyes. All that finally became clear to me. But it’s too late. You can never recover the past. It was what he wrote at the end you broke my heart.
“Today I will tell you that I love.” It hurts knowing I’ll never be able to tell you again how much I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment